The Art of Logo Design
Here’s some highlights to take note:
- An expression of what you stand for
- What is your personality?
- It’s a mask
- A great one needs to be memorable and simple
- Can it be recognized as a favicon (16 x 16px) and on a billboard?
- With time it will build equity
- And look fresh for a long time (timeless) like Coca-Cola
- One’s logo is like fashion
Jason Schuller of Press75, a WordPress theme shop, has set out to simplify the process of creating a website rather than dealing with a complex CMS like WordPress. Similar to what to ‘Visual Idiot’ is doing with Anchor CMS.
It’s called Leeflets. You can follow it’s development process here.
The functionality of the theme (leeflet) defines the admin, which is opposite from WordPress.
- Intended for ultra simplistic websites
- Simple in the install, usage, and template creation processes
- Literally just drag and drop with no need for databases
- Themes are called Leeflets
- Built on Twitter Bootstrap, responsive on any device
- All content fields and lists come directly from the leeflet
The main icons inside the Tumblr dashboard got a facelift and truly are more obvious and simplified.